NEW Version of the Trifecta! The V3. in Standard or XL. Here are the enhancements.
- D-rings have been removed and replaced with light weight loops. This will reduce bulk and weight.
- Zipper is upgraded. The new zipper is much better at keeping water out.
- Zipper pulls have also been upgraded. These pulls are much stronger.
- Seam taping along zipper edge is no longer necessary. Instead we are using a new type of thread that will greatly improve the water proof effectiveness of the bivvy.
- The V3 Trifecta will be coming in two sizes, the standard and an XL version. The XL version will have an additional 4 tie out loops for a total of 13.
- Storage sack will be a little larger for easier packing.
- Lighter weight and less bulk. A savings of about 50g
The V3 TRIFECTA "Patent Pending" was specifically designed for flexibility. It can be used as a Thermal Blanket, a BIVVY, or a Canopy.
Made out of Tyvek 1460C or "spunbonded Olefin" ultra-soft material that blocks 98% of the sun's ultraviolet rays, is tear resistant, water resistant, and breathable. Its high durability to weight ratio makes it the perfect material for the Trifecta.
To start off, we made the standard Trifecta big measuring "35.4 inches (90cm)" by "87.7 inches (223cm)" in its zipped BIVVY configuration, and "70.8 inches (180cm)" by "87.7 inches (223cm)" in its unzipped Canopy/ Blanket configuration.
The XL version measures "54 inches (137cm)" by "87.7 inches (223cm)" in its zipped BIVVY configuration, and "107.8 inches (274cm)" by "87.7 inches (223cm)" in its unzipped Canopy/ Blanket configuration.
Then we added two zippers with an inside and outside zipper for even more flexibility and ease of zipping the BIVVY once inside. The inside has an aluminum coating to reflect back the radiant heat given off by one's body.
To finish it off, we added 9 tie down loops 3 on each edge and 3 center for the standard version and 13 tie down loops 5 on each edge and 3 center for the XL version.
The Trifecta is designed to be light weight and portable to help keep you warmer and dryer.
The V3 TRIFECTA has many functions. A few are listed below.
- Alone as a thermal sleeping bag
- As a thermal BIVVY with a traditional sleeping bag
- Improvised shelter
- Thermal Blanket
- Tarp / Canopy
- Emergency litter
- As a reflective tarp "reflective side out" in hot climates to reflect the radiant heat from the Sun and help keep you cooler.
Easy to pack and very light. This is a must for any Emergency or Backpacking kit.
35.4*87.7” (90*223cm) BIVVY - Standard
54.0*87.7” (137*223cm) BIVVY - XL
70.8*87.7” (180*223cm) Canopy - Standard
107.8*87.7” (274*223cm) Canopy - XL
9.5*4" (-) Packed - Standard
11.5*5" (-) Packed - XL
weight 13.9 oz (395g) - Standard
weight 20.2 oz (575g) - XL
Note: When using the Trifectas tie outs, the material that the Trifecta is made out of has a max tensile strength of about 40 pounds.
I wouldn't recommend putting any more than 25 to 30 lbs. of constant tension on the tie outs. Also this material does not stretch. So when it fails there will be little warning or indication other than a few threads snapping. You can easily have a taut tarp with 10 to 15 lbs. of tension.
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to have shock cord on the tie outs to absorb accidental trips over lines, wind gusts etc. This is especially true with the XL version if using as a tarp.
The temp rating on the Trifecta can be subjective and ranging depending if your using it all the way zipped up, in a hammock, your body type etc., I have continually gained 18 degrees Fahrenheit from the outside ambient air temperature, in my test the Trifecta was mostly zipped closed in temperatures ranging from 0f to 50f. For example if it's 45f outside then inside the Trifecta it should be about 63f
Note: The V3 Trifecta is very water resistant. The main seam on the bottom is taped and the center tie out point, however the other tie out points are not. I feel there is little need to apply any further taping. If you would like to tape the rest of the tie out points I would suggest tenacious tape or a similar product.
====== V2 Variant in White only Limited quantity closing out ======
- V2 has 9 D rings instead of webbing tie out points
- V2 has a good water resistant zipper but the V3 has a higher quality upgraded zipper and pull handles
- V2 has uses a standard thread vs the V3 with specialized water blocking thread
- V2 does not come in a XL size
- V2 is heaver due to the use of seam tape along the zipper "not required for the V3"
V2 Trifecta specifications below
35.4*87.7” (90*223cm) BIVVY
70.8*87.7” (180*223cm) Canopy
9.5*4” (24*10cm) Packed
weight 15.5 oz (440g)